Ubisoft's tactical shooter is only the title outside of FIFA 12 and FIFA Street to head the chart for three weeks or more.
It's followed by Max Payne 3 and FIFA 12 in second and third, while Battlefield 3 moves four places up to fourth.
Elsewhere, the Game of Thrones game debuts in sixth place while Diablo 3 re-enters the top 40 in 22nd place.
The top ten in full:
1. (1) Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
2. (2) Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
3. (3) FIFA 12 (Electronic Arts)
4. (8) Battlefield 3 (Electronic Arts)
5. (7) Sniper Elite V2 (505 Games)
6. (-) Game of Thrones (Koch Media)
7. (6) Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
8. (-) FIFA Street (EA)
9. (-) Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
10. (5) DiRT Showdown (Codemasters)
Watch a trailer for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier below: