1. Kanak 'Konnie' Huq was born on July 17, 1975 in Hammersmith, London. She grew up in Ealing with two sisters, Rupa and Nutun, and graduated from Robinson College, Cambridge with a 2:1 in Economics.
2. According to agent Jonathan Shalit, Konnie was once offered £500,000 to pose for Playboy. She also apparently snubbed an offer for a topless shoot with UK lads' mag Loaded.
3. Shalit initially claimed that Konnie turned down the offers to bare all because of her family's religious background. However, in a News Of The World interview, Konnie actually confessed that it was the size of her breasts that was the real problem. "I wouldn't mind, as long as it was classy and sexy. The problem is, when you have big boobs like mine, a topless photo shoot looks tacky," she said. "Whereas with someone like Kate Moss, who has a flatter chest, it looks arty."
4. Konnie takes over from Holly Willoughby on the Xtra Factor this year and she does have experience in singing reality shows. The ex-Blue Peter star competed in the 2005 series of Comic Relief Does Fame Academy. Sadly, she was the third act to exit after she underwhelmed with her version of Kim Wilde's 'Kids In America'.
5. Konnie is the third longest-serving Blue Peter presenter of all time, fronting the show for over a decade. Her list of co-hosts includes Stuart Miles, Katy Hill, Romana D'Annunzio, Richard Bacon, Simon Thomas, Matt Baker, Liz Barker, Zöe Salmon, Gethin Jones and Andy Akinwolere.
6. Before finding fame on Blue Peter, it was obvious Huq was destined for TV stardom. She appeared as a schoolgirl extra in BBC sitcom 2point4 Children as a child actress and also interviewed Labour leader Neil Kinnock for Newsround during the build-up to the 1992 General Election.
7. Konnie may be happily settled down with writer and broadcaster Charlie Brooker these days, but she has never been short of famous male admirers. Robbie Williams asked her for a date during his early Take That days and apparently even Pop Idol music mogul Simon Fuller attempted wooing her with some diamond earrings. She thinks her popularity with men stems from her time on Blue Peter. "It’s to do with being forbidden fruit," she says. "People who are perceived as goody-goody, who can’t go around snorting cocaine and getting their boobs out, are an attractive proposition."
8. Konnie lists her rather odd (and old) celebrity crushes as newsreader Dermot Murnaghan and London Mayor Boris Johnson. Whatever floats your boat, Konnie.
9. Many people were surprised by Konnie's appointment to The Xtra Factor, but followers of Simon Cowell won't be surprised by her landing the role. The 50-year-old has previously described her as his favourite TV presenter and even took her to one of Sir Philip Green's birthday parties as his guest a few years ago.
10. You want more Huq facts? Well how about these; Konnie's favourite meal is her mum's roast chicken. Her party-piece includes making her eye-lids disappear. She has a beauty spot on her bum. And she holds a Guinness World Record after managing to pin 17 Blue Peter badges on Andy Akinwolere's shirt in under a minute.