Justin Edwards, aka MC Ultra, retracted claims from previous hearings that he was not responsible for the release of the footage earlier this year, her barrister Jacob Dean told Mr Justice Tugendhat yesterday (July 9).
"Mr Edwards has admitted responsibility for publication of the video, apologised for it, and promised not to do it again," he said.
A statement giving details of the settlement of Contostavlos's claim against Edwards will be read out in court by the X Factor judge's solicitor on Thursday (July 12), The AP reports.
The revelation comes after Contostavlos launched into an on-stage rant about Edwards at the Wireless Festival in Hyde Park this weekend.
He recently claimed to have been sent death threats by the 'Young' singer's fans, saying that they were intent on "destroying" him.
"A lot of people made assumptions about what happened and why," Edwards said. "It's been a hellish time having the world turn against you."
Contostavlos outed Edwards as her sex tape partner in a YouTube admission in March.
Tulisa's career in pictures:
Copyright: Rex Features Julian Makey/Rex Features