The former Welsh international footballer, currently a pundit on BBC Radio 5Live and BBC Sport, described the reality show as "desperate".
"I was offered Big Brother, yeah," he told Female First. "But I said no.
"Big Brother to me is just desperate. Even if I was skint I still wouldn't do it. It's not me at all."
The 37-year-old revealed that he received the call among many reality TV offers after Strictly Come Dancing, but did not specify whether he was asked to join the winter edition or the upcoming autumn run.
Meanwhile, the star - who starred on last year's Strictly Come Dancing - claimed that he "still can't dance" despite finishing sixth in the ballroom competition.
"To be honest my confidence hasn't gone up at all," he admitted. "I can't dance. I can learn a routine but if someone asked me to go and do a foxtrot right now I couldn't do it."
However, he quickly added: "I'm glad I did it, I have no regrets but I still can't dance!"
The classic version of Big Brother returns on Tuesday, June 5 for its 13th series, after which a celebrity edition will air.
Watch Digital Spy at the Big Brother auditions below: